Explore a new and exciting way to to take pictures and practice your photography.
This fun and interactive 6 week program teaches you about your mind, authentic happiness and how to live a happier life through your photography. It is not a traditional photography course, but will help you with creativity in traditional photography. To view our traditional camera and editing courses – Click Here
“The Focus On Happiness Program and Community are designed using the science of happiness and well-being“
Why do you want to take better pictures? Why did you buy that camera? Why did you get the phone that took better pictures? What does “better pictures” even mean? Isn’t photography about having a picture which has meaning to you? Capturing a memory, a feeling, a moment or an experience that you can look back on forever. Don’t we really take pictures, just to add a little more joy and happiness to our lives? It can do that for you and much more.Trevor O’Donoghue
We all know that taking pictures is fun, creative and enjoyable. But did you know that by changing how you do it just a little, it can also help you to reduce your stress, calm your wandering mind, help you take better pictures and be your guide to a happier life every day. Photography changed my life many years ago and it took me a long time to understand how and why. Now that I do, I want to share it with others. If you are brand new to taking pictures or a full time professional, it shouldn’t be a practice that leaves you second guessing yourself or frustrated. Develop yourself, while you develop your eye for photography.
Aristotle was one of the first men to write about happiness. He quoted:-
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no real education at all”Aristotle
He believed any learning we do in life, should always be based around happiness & well-being. These things are now scientific, they are understandable, achievable by anyone and also teachable.
Check out our website, join our community and find out how to really use your camera. Do it to help you understand and calm your mind, to stop all the silly self-doubt and lies you tell yourself about you and your photography.
Create better pictures and more importantly create a happier frame of mind, one picture at a time.
What do I need to have?
All you will need is a device that can take a pictures, a smartphone or computer to do the program and interact with the amazing community and a pen and paper for some writing exercises. If you have these then your ready to do some exploring.
What will I learn?
You will learn about true authentic happiness in a very easy to follow program which includes text, fun video’s, writing exercises and articles. You will understand how you can use photography and taking pictures to get more happiness and well-being in your life every single day. To make the most of this, you can join our a fun, friendly and positive social media space where people interact and connect by sharing their pictures.
The learning includes and is not limited to :-
- Mindfulness and how you can practice it through your photography.
- How to calm your wandering mind.
- Changing how you practice, to creatively exploring in nature.
- Developing an attitude of gratitude.
- Learning about your mind and brain and how they combine to create your reality.
- Exploring different perspectives with your camera and in writing exercises.
- Understanding how thinking can effect you day to day.
- Learning how to create your own perception and your unique meaning in your pictures and in the experiences you have.
- Having a system of learning to be ”happier” towards experiences you have.
- Understanding what stress, fear and worry are, and how we evolved to use these things.
- Quiten your automatic thinking process.
- Learning about flow and flow states for more happiness and creativity.
- Seeing experiences you have in a much clearer way.
- Understanding different types of photography methods.
- Learning how to use photography to think and be grateful for your past present and future.
In the last section, we will present you with the core features. This is the process you follow with your camera or smartphone as you explore. It can also become a life strategy or philosophy which can help you to maintain your new happier frame of mind. They include :- ”Focusing On You, Being Present, Observing, Not Judging, Being Optimistic, Accepting & Understanding Your Experience”
The Science & Theory
Happiness is a topic which has been spoken about and taught by great philosophers and theologians for thousands of years. A lot of these ancient philosophies still stand the test of time today. In modern days however, scientists have done a lot more research and studies to back up their findings.
Theories such as Maslow’s Hierarchy Of Need’s, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s Flow Studies and Martin Seligman’s Perma Theory of Wellbeing are at the forefront of this. Researchers now say that from tens of thousands of studies, they consistently come across 7 common things that happy people have and do. This is what our programs and community are designed to follow.
- Building Relationships & Connections
- Practicing Kindness
- Physiological Factors ”Exercise, Movement, Physical Fitness, Experiencing Nature & Exposure To Light”
- Developing A Positive Mindset
- Achieving Flow
- Discovering Strengths
- Finding Meaning